ASIAN RECIPES FOR YOU

A Collection Of Easy Recipes With Asian Style For Your Family.

Discover More

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

[Korean Recipes] Pancakes (Pajeon)

This first time I saw these Korean savory pancakes I fell head over heels with this pan-fried food. It's the perfect clean out your fridge meal to which you add potatoes, a variety of vegetables and love. The pancakes are crunchy and even more delicious with an Asian dipping sauce.




Meet my latest addiction: Korean Pancakes!

The Pajeon can be made from a standard pancake batter but in this recipe, I’m using the vegan and gluten-free pancake mixtures from Panash*. If you don’t have any store-bought pancake mixtures at home you can also use all-purpose flour.

I’ve kept this recipe vegetarian because I wanted to use up all the veggies that were left in my fridge but feel free to add seafood or thinly slices of beef. If you want a completely vegan recipe then leave out the egg and add soy milk or prepare the pancakes according the Panash pancake mixture.


Cut all your veggies into sticks.


Prepare your pancake batter. Add your veggies and other ingredients.


Mix well and make sure the veggies are equally distributed.


These Korean Pancakes are great as a light snack or appetizer. I’ve brought mine to work lunch and didn’t reheat them, yet they were still great. I think they would work perfect for a picknick too!

*This is not a sponsored recipe. The Pancake mixtures were gifted to me and ever since I've been using them in my recipes because I like the fact that they use clean ingredients.


I had to share this photo because of the vegetables mosaic in the pancake. So pretty!

Korean Pancakes (Pajeon)




Prep: 10 min
Total: 30 min
Vegetables

Ingredients

NOTE: This recipe is good for 1 large, 6 medium sized pancakes or 12 small ones.

- 1 cup of Panash pancake mixture (natural) or all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of water (for thicker pancakes add 3/4 cup)
- 1 small potato (cut into sticks)
- half of a carrot (cut into sticks)
- half of a zucchini (cut into sticks)
- 2 spring onions (cut into sticks)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- oil for frying (or use a non-stick pan)
- 1 batch of Asian Dipping Sauce

Instructions

  1. Prepare your veggies by cutting them into sticks or use a peeler/mandoline. Set them aside.
  2. In a bowl add the pancake mixture/all-purpose flour, egg and water. Mix well and add the veggies. Season with garlic powder and salt & pepper.
  3. Add a bit of oil to a pan and fry the pancakes until they are cooked through and brown on each side. I cooked mine on medium heat and it took me 4-6 minutes for them to be fully cooked.
  4. Serve your pancakes with my Asian Dipping Sauce, garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds.
This recipe and image sources are referred in website: Thespicedchickpea.com. Thanks so much!

You Like It, Please Share This Recipe With Your Friends Using...


Don't Forget To Read This Also...





No comments :

Speak Your Mind:


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Copyright 2015, "All Asian Recipes For You". All Right Reserved.
Powered By Blogger | Designed By EXEIdeas | Edit by [R]