ASIAN RECIPES FOR YOU

A Collection Of Easy Recipes With Asian Style For Your Family.

Discover More

Sunday, January 3, 2021

[Filipino Recipes] Ginataan Na Hipon (Shrimp With Coconut Milk)

Ginataan na Hipon (Shrimp in Cocout Milk). This recipe today is very easy to prepare. It is done in less than 30 minutes and boy, the taste and smell of this meal is just awesome. This Ginataang Hipon is a hearty soup meal which I always prepare when I don't have time to whip some meal after work. Easy, delicious and smells good.



SO,WHAT IS GINATAANG HIPON

Ginataang Hipon or Shrimp in Coconut milk is a popular Filipino meal with coconut milk added in it and large shrimps as a main ingredient. You can add vegetables and curry if you want. It is hearty, creamy and did I say it already? SMELLS GOOD.

First, you sautee' a lot of onion and garlic, add in the large shrimps and cook it until it change color and add the coconut milk. Continue cooking until it boils and serve hot. I usually drench my Ginataan na Hipon on top of rice. And garnish it with green onion. And do not be alarmed, I eat it using my hand... yes, it is more tasty when I peel the shrimp using my hand and rub the sauce around it... yummmy!!

If you look back in my previous post, you will notice that I use a lot of coconut milk in my food. Example of this is the Suman and Bicol Express. It's because coconut is one of my favorite ingredient. It pretty much occupied my pantry. So whenever I need an excuse to use my canned coconut milk, I always make this Ginataang Hipon.

And when it comes to the large shrimps, I opted to keep the head because I love it when we suck the head's inside while eating it. The soup from the coconut milk seeps through the shrimp's meat and it added the sweetness to the meat. So keep the head intact, it is.


I am thinking of making this Ginataang Hipon this Christmas, but it may be less appropriate for the occasion. So I will be making Leche Puto, Lechon Kawali and Embutido.


GINATAAN NA HIPON


Ginataan na Hipon or Shrimp in Coconut milk is a popular Filipino meal with coconut milk added in it and large shrimps as a main ingredient. You can add vegetables and curry if you want. It is hearty, creamy and did I say it already? SMELLS GOOD.
Author: shobee
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: Filipino

Ingredients
  • 1.6 lbs large shrimps with head intact
  • 1 clove garlic,chopped
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 5 pieces sili labuyo ( green or red chilis)
  • 1 inch fresh ginger root
  • 1 can 15.5 oz Coconut milk
  • ¼ cup cilantro for garnish ( a must)
  • 1 tablespoon cooking oil

Instructions

  1. Heat cooking oil in a large pan. When oil is hot, add in ginger and cook until lightly brown.
  2. Sautee' garlic and onion until onion is transparent.
  3. Add the shrimp and cook until it changes color.
  4. Add the coconut milk and the chili. Cook in low heat and let boil for 5 more minutes. Add water if necessary.
  5. Turn off heat and garnish with cilantro while hot. ENJOY.

This recipe and image sources are referred in website: Theskinnypot.com. Thanks so much!

You Like It, Please Share This Recipe With Your Friends Using...


Don't Forget To Read This Also...





No comments :

Speak Your Mind:


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Copyright 2015, "All Asian Recipes For You". All Right Reserved.
Powered By Blogger | Designed By EXEIdeas | Edit by [R]