ASIAN RECIPES FOR YOU

A Collection Of Easy Recipes With Asian Style For Your Family.

Discover More

Monday, July 27, 2015

[Indonesian Recipes] Chili Eggs

Another fiery egg dish, absolutely my favorite. Our version of chili egg (or infamously known asSambal Telur) is crusty hard-boiled eggs with chili paste. In my humble opinion, a good dose of chili egg should have coarsely textured red chilies and super oily. It should be sweet and spicy at the same time. There are times when I have a plate of hot steamed rice with just chili eggs. I can eat up the whole batch, with my left hand getting ready grabbing a big glass of ice water. I will be damn sweaty and I will feel as if my tongue is burning in my mouth .. but I will be content.

Chili Eggs | Indonesian Recipes


The first step is to prepare the chili paste (or sambal). The chili paste I used is the red chili paste with tomato. We boiled the chilies, tomato and shallots before grinding them. Whether to have the paste really fine or not is a matter of personal preference. I think coarse chili paste is really pretty, especially when you can still see pieces of the little red devil that would be burning your tongue!

Chili Eggs 2 | Indonesian Recipes


Aren’t those the fugliest hard-boiled eggs you have ever seen? I am very ashamed of myself, but I didn’t have enough time to boil new eggs. I love to fry the eggs in hot oil for a few minutes to get the nice brown crust. It really gives the chili egg a nice bite. Also, the crust hid the ugliness of the eggs

Chili Eggs 3 | Indonesian Recipes

Lastly, fry the chili paste in oil till nicely cooked and fragrant, toss in the eggs and the sambal telurwill be ready in a couple of minutes! Serve them with steamed rice or coconut rice (nasi lemak)

Chilli Eggs (Sambal Goreng Telur)

Makes 4 servings

Ingredients:
5 chilies
2 shallots
1 clove garlic
1 tomato
1/2 tsp sugar
1/3 tsp salt
4 tbsp oil, more for frying eggs
3 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled

Chili Eggs 4 | Indonesian Recipes

Directions:

Boil chilies, shallots, garlic and tomato in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain well and grind them up into a coarse paste

Fry eggs in hot oil and set aside for later use

Heat cooking oil in a wok and fry the chili paste for two minutes. Add the fried eggs and stir-fry for two more minutes. Remove from heat and serve with rice

Chili Eggs 5 | Indonesian Recipes


Note:

Remove chili seeds if you don't want it to be too hot
White sugar can be substituted with pam sugar (or gula melaka), but can't be omitted. This dish is meant to be sweet
Another alternative, a more authentic one, is to fry chilies, shallots, garlic and paste in oil over high heat in a wok before grinding. That will result in super oily sambal telur!

This recipe and image sources are referred in website: Indochinekitchen.com. Thanks so much!

You Like It, Please Share This Recipe With Your Friends Using...


Don't Forget To Read This Also...





No comments :

Speak Your Mind:


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Copyright 2015, "All Asian Recipes For You". All Right Reserved.
Powered By Blogger | Designed By EXEIdeas | Edit by [R]