ASIAN RECIPES FOR YOU

A Collection Of Easy Recipes With Asian Style For Your Family.

Discover More

Thursday, April 23, 2015

[Indonesian Recipes] Ginger Coconut Coffee

A long time ago I was flipping through what I think was a Madhur Jaffrey cookbook at the library. I didn’t end up borrowing the book and I can’t remember any of the recipes except for one– a ginger coffee recipe. According to Jaffrey, the recipe was Indonesian in origin.

When I decided to cook Indonesian food I thought I’d finally try out this ginger coffee drink. While Jaffrey suggested essentially making ginger tea and then running the ginger tea through your coffee maker, I took a lazier approach. 


Ginger Coconut Coffee | Indonesian Recipes



Armed with some ginger syrup leftover in my fridge, I simply made coffee, added ginger syrup to taste, and then added a splash of canned coconut milk. According to some Google search results, coffee, ginger and coconut are a class Indonesian trio. And the Internet never lies, right?

This might not replace your standard morning cup of coffee (or latte) but I think it’d make an interesting after-dinner beverage at an Indonesian-themed dinner party.

Those of you who are inclined to make your own ginger syrup rather than buying it, I more or less follow the ginger syrup recipe from Ming Tsai.

This recipe and image sources are referred in website: Girlcooksworld.com. Thanks so much!

You Like It, Please Share This Recipe With Your Friends Using...


Don't Forget To Read This Also...





No comments :

Speak Your Mind:


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Copyright 2015, "All Asian Recipes For You". All Right Reserved.
Powered By Blogger | Designed By EXEIdeas | Edit by [R]